Wednesday, July 20, 2011

7/19 Class Reflection (Roma)

I am very thankful to have the opportunity in class to hear from many different people about their perspectives on particular areas in education. Dr. Narcisse definitely has strong viewpoints, and I really enjoyed hearing about his experiences working in various public schools throughout the country. I made sure to take note of the two advices he gave to us: know thy self and be relentless. As a member of the Donovan cohort, I am well aware about the high burnt out rate among urban education teachers. Like Dr. Narcisse said, "not everybody's built to be in urban education." This statement definitely made me reflect on my personal goals and what I hope to achieve as an educator. I wish to take part in the transformation of schools, and to always find in my self, the determination that embody who I am as a student and a leader. And to always remember that my "social construction" (the experiences of a person becomes his/her belief system) is not akin to my students. Therefore I must know them well before making any assumptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment