Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reflection - 7/26 - Roger

Our small and large group discussions about how to get parents more involved was really helpful to me. I also think that putting our plans into action will require a lot of hard work, and there will always be parents that we can't reach the degree that we desire. As Dr. Narcisse said though, we have to "be relentless." I think that parents will respect us and be more willing to talk to us if we make it clear that we want to talk to them, and will do whatever it takes to meet them when they are free. I think part of going the extra mile for our kids is going the extra mile for their parents. Parents can be powerful allies in our effort to impact students.

2 comments:

  1. That is so true, Roger. Our parents are our allies and we must attempt to create a relationship with them from the get-go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant our students' parents.

    ReplyDelete