Thursday, July 28, 2011

ED435 7/28/11

WOW! What another amazing class! Congratulations to Prof. Grandson on his new position. Why is it that racism, classism, and sexism seem to be so easy to talk about, but once with get into the topic of sexual preference, people seem to become uncomfortable (myself included). Is it perhaps that because it is not an obvious thing like color or sex that people are afraid to touch it, not knowing who is or is not. I believe my group member, Jonathan said it best when he said I just want to teach my students to respect EVERYONE. I too live by that notion, but is that enough. Are we practicing avoidance by not diving in deeper to the subject matter or is it not a matter to be made subject of? I occasionally attend "Gay Straight Alliance" meetings and support all events, but that is NOT enough! I admit a little confusion behind this, but in my acceptance and love of ALL people, am willing to be educated. Thanks you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment