Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thoughts on today ... (dana)

Did anyone else feel inspired and challenged after hearing Dr. Sito give his spin on education? I can't wait to be an equalizer, an advocate, an educator... and to continue to know myself and my mission and be relentless about it. (I thought those 2 advices were so solid.) The readings so far have been really helpful in allowing me to study the different types of social context and the issues that I was not aware of. I took away a lot from Gloria Biling's article on praciting culturally relevant pedagogy. And I like how Dr.Sito's lecture tied it all together. I'm starting to realize the extreme importance of studying all the social contexts around me and creating as many social constructions before going into a classroom.

"Real leaders are the ones that think, process, learn, reflect, experience and make informed decisions".

No comments:

Post a Comment